Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On and on we go...

I started reading a blog post this morning. After two paragraphs and no sign of a central idea to this book-length post, I jumped to another blog post. And yet again, it was apparent that I was expected to read the entire tome of a blog post to discover what this blogger was talking about. No clue in the title of the post (I tried to do the same), and no clue after two miles of quick scanning (approximately 4 paragraphs down). What's up with that?!

I understand that a blogger by definition has to be some shade of egotist, and thus will sometimes tend to love the sound of his/her keystrokes a little too much. That is however no excuse to put innocent readers who just seek information, through the headache of having to deal with your long-windedness (kinda like this, no?)

The point is (finally!), can we as bloggers begin to summarize our e-speeches in the first paragraph, before cutting loose with all the long sentences and big words. Or just bold the main points of your prose (Like I just did!) so it's easily identified by readers, like myself, with the attention span of a sledgehammer.


If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, and/or signing up for RSS updates. Your comments and insight make a huge difference. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment