Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's all about that perception

The Point: Good ideas should be shared.

Today while reading one of the blogs I follow, http://www.scottmonty.com, I came across this very interesting video by Rory Sutherland:



The truth is before this, I had no idea who Rory Sutherland was, but I now think I'm going to find out more about him and his ideas. I urge you to spend the necessary time to listen to his ideas; I assure you you wont regret it.

His main points are (as summarized by Scott Monty on his blog post, http://www.scottmonty.com/2010/06/on-perception.html):
  • All value is subjective
  • Persuasion is better than compulsion
  • Create intangible value to replace material value - particularly when we can place a far higher value on things that already exist rather than creating new things
  • Change the interface to change the behavior
  • "We are perishing for want of wonder, not want of wonders" -- G.K. Chesterton
Also, like Scott Monty, I would encourage everyone to explore the TED Talks web site if they're not already familiar with it. The ideas expressed at this forum are really worth spreading.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, and/or signing up for RSS updates. Your comments and insight make a huge difference. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment