Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

My Samsung T240HD 24" widescreen HDTV CAN be mounted!


Not two days ago, I finally received my long awaited, much anticipated Samsung T240HD 24" widescreen HDTV. If you don't know anything about this piece of equipment, google it! Also, up until Friday, it was going for $299 at B&H, and if that's still the case, you should get one!

For a long time, I had wanted an external monitor to hook up my lap top too; I had also wanted a little flat panel TV for my room. So I decided to look into getting a hybrid and the top contender turned out to be the T240HD. Before I went out and got this thing, I researched every aspect of a TV/monitor hybrid you could imagine: internal speakers, component jacks, analogue, input, digital inputs, contrast ratio, viewing angle-- the list goes on for a while. And I compared the dell ultra sharp 2408WFP, the dell G2410, the V7 D24W33 and a few others. For each category I researched, and for each monitor/tv I looked at, the Samsung T240HD came out as number one, or a very close second, plus it cost a lot less than all of them, which made it (to me) a no brainer to get! Then I got it into my head that I wanted to mount it... and the problems began.

I consider myself a better than average web sleuth, so I was quite surprised when I couldn't seem to find any concensus on the web about whether or not the T240 HD could be mounted. To make matters worse, neither B&H nor Samsung (yes, I contacted samsung) staff members could tell me for a fact whether or not this thing could be mounted. The reviews on CNET, Amazon and other sites for this product didn't offer much help either-- non made mention of being able to mount it-- and some even went as far as saying it couldn't be mounted.

So, because I went through all this crap and finally (after about a month) figured out that this thing could indeed be mounted, I wanted to create a posting to help all who might want to mount their T240HD. I will take some photos later on and post them here, so check back later.

To mount you T240 HD you'll need:


This kit acts as an adapter to enable you use a vesa 100 compliant mount with your T240HD HOWEVER, HOWEVER, HOWEVER this kit alone CAN be used to mount your T240HD-- that's what I've done, and it works PERFECTLY! NOTE: No where on the net will you find a less expensive deal. Also, though they don't have a photo of the mount on the web site, (I haven't figured out why yet) CDW is trustworthy and you'll have your mount in less than a week.

That's it. Seriously, that's all you need. The kit comes with screws and screw anchors. I'd suggest you get stronger screws and anchors so you're not woken up at 2am by your TV crashing to the ground :) -- what can I say, I'm a skeptic when it comes to those cheap low grade screws that accompany equipment.

So, that's it! Happy mounting. Remember to check back for some photos, or better still sign up to receive RSS or e-mail updates! Have a great week.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment, and/or signing up for RSS updates. Your comments and insight make a huge difference. Thank you.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the post. As a side note, the price for the mount after shipping from CDW is a few bucks more that it currently is on Amazon (free shipping)...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. your images aren't coming up here. I found a pic of the mount by doing a search on the model number. I'm looking at the mount (online), and looking at my T240HD, and can't figure out how it connects together. Can you send some pics to shed some light? Thanks.

~ A Happy Geek said...

Hmm...bummer. I'll see if I can get those images to show again. A few months after I made this post, I took down my T240HD from the mount, but the mount is still in the wall. Once you remove the stand from the T240HD, there is a thin slot into which the arm of the mount slides. Check back in about a week to see if the photos are up-- it'll all make sense then. Thanks for reading.

IT support Birmingham said...

When you decide to buy a wide screen HDTV, consider the size of TV bases on the resolution. Since it is thinner than the regular television, you can turn almost any room in your house into a mini theatre.

Post a Comment